Max sits in Albie's Bar, reeling from meeting her child for the first time in six years. She goes to take her first drink after years of sobriety but ends up spilling it over herself. She returns to work, but Ric accuses her of having had alcohol, while Ange worries that Max is not in the right mindset to be operating.
David and Kian continue to bond with one another. David is hellbent on proving his worth, while Fletch thinks they need to take a stand against Max's decision to move nurses around the hospital. Puffed up and ready to fight the good fight, they make a complaint - but they get more than they bargained for and David is summoned to Max’s office.
Essie wants time to process her grave news and chooses to keep the truth from Sacha. This puts Dom in a difficult position as he has to keep schtum. Sacha wonders why Essie is being so evasive - and then realises she has had her scan results.
- Jo Martin as Max McGerry
- Kaye Wragg as Essie Di Lucca
- David Ames as Dominic Copeland
- Rosie Marcel as Jac Naylor
- Alex Walkinshaw as Adrian "Fletch" Fletcher
- Nic Jackman as Cameron Dunn
- Jaye Jacobs as Donna Jackson
- Hugh Quarshie as Ric Griffin
- Marcus Griffiths as Xavier "Zav" Duval
- Dawn Steele as Ange Godard
- Ramin Karimloo as Kian Madani
- Bob Barrett as Sacha Levy
- John Michie as Guy Self
- Jason Durr as David Hide
- Chris Rogers as Billy Rice
- Bobby Rainsbury as Lindsey Pope
- Amy Marston as Judith Rice
- Linda Marlowe as Kitty Montpellier
- This episode was originally set to be broadcast on 31 March, but it was postponed until the following week due to extended news coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak on the 14 March.