Stressed and exhausted, Nicky struggles at work - with catastrophic consequences. When she witnesses Brenda dying, she feels it deeply. Coupled with her overbearing mother Tracey, who is fast becoming a burden, Nicky is pushed to the limits.
Cameron is knocked back by Ange, who feels that he's not ready to take the next step in his career and needs to learn more about the role he is doing. Frustrated, he takes his pent up anger out on an innocent Louis.
Sacha feels that he has to be respectful of what Essie needs at this critical time with her cancer diagnosis, but when Dominic urges him not to give up, Sacha convinces Essie to continue with her palliative care treatment.
- Belinda Owusu as Nicky McKendrick
- Rosie Marcel as Jac Naylor
- Nic Jackman as Cameron Dunn
- Dawn Steele as Ange Godard
- Tyler Luke Cunningham as Louis McGerry
- Bob Barrett as Sacha Levy
- David Ames as Dominic Copeland
- Amy Lennox as Chloe Godard
- Jaye Jacobs as Donna Jackson
- Jo Martin as Max McGerry
- Kaye Wragg as Essie Di Lucca
- Guy Henry as Henrik Hanssen
- Cathy Murphy as Tracey McKendrick
- John Michie as Guy Self
- Lynn Hunter as Brenda Connolly
- Daniel Boyd as Logan Connolly
- Matthew Mellalieu as Norman Robertson
- Nicholas Khan as Noah Nayam
|"Digital"||Joy Division||Nicky walks into work.|
|"Teardrop"||Massive Attack||Nicky is taken into theatre, and Jac and Chloe scrub in.|
|Sacha and Essie embrace, while Jac and Chloe operate on Nicky.|