Noel is the practical joker of the bunch. Very much a people person, he gets frustrated when people don't take him or his job seriously. He's incredibly unlucky in life and love, but full of optimism.
In the early 1990s, Noel became a father to Honey Wright but only became aware of this in 2014.
Time in the Emergency Department (2008-)
Throughout his time in the ED, Noel has made friends with many of the staff including Big Mac. Although he is the reception manager, he has a very relaxed approach to his role in the department.
In January 2016 in the morning after a night shift, Noel was attacked whilst walking home through the park with Big Mac. The attacker, Mercedes Christie, was attempting to pay off her debt and saw Noel on his phone and tried to take it. However, things soon got out of hand and Noel was left unconscious and seriously injured. Meanwhile, Big Mac cowardly hid in the toilets. Back at the ED, Noel was treated but Big Mac had frequent encounters with the attacker when she arrived at the ED. Eventually, Big Mac paid her the money she wanted, £70, so that she wouldn't expose him to his colleagues as a coward. Noel was left under the impression that Big Mac had been a hero and saved him.
Noel's father is David Garcia, and when Noel found out he had dementia and no longer recognised him, he was devastated. His daughter Honey started work as a barista in the ED in October 2014 at which point he didn't know she was his daughter.
- He takes his role as the 'face' of the ED very seriously.
- He's an avid collector of action figures.
- Noel used to live with Big Mac, who was his best friend in the department before he left.
Behind the scenes
- See also: Character appearances.
Noel made his first appearance in the episode "Broken Homes".
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hnpnq; In the episode "Hearts and Flowers" which aired on 13 February 2016 and took place on 14 February 2016, Noel is stated to be 45 in a newspaper report. This makes his date of birth either 1970 or 1971.