Series 32 is the thirty-second series of Casualty and will commence airing on 19 August 2017. Filming for the series' first episode began in April 2017. The series will contain 44 episodes, the same as the previous series.
The first major change in cast announced for the series was the news that Charlotte Salt would be returning as Sam Nicholls, following her departure almost four years earlier in the show's 28th series. In June, images and video clips of filming were posted, revealing that Sam would be returning as a paramedic, not a registrar. In July, Charlotte Salt revealed on Instagram that she'd be making her return to the show on 16 September.
Tom Chambers makes an off-screen exit as Sam Strachan in episode 1, making his finale appearance in episode 43 of the previous series. In addition to Jez, the series will feature another departure of one of the main cast members before Christmas.
The series was officially announced in August 2016, when executive producer of series 31, Oliver Kent, said that the storylines of series 31 were already known and the team knew exactly what they were going into series 32 with. Erika Hossington left her position as series producer in August 2017, allowing Lucy Rafferty to take the role. Simon Harper serves as executive producer following Oliver Kent's role change to Head of Continuing Drama.
It was announced on 30 July, after series 31 ended, that series 32 would begin with a two-part episode set in Calais at a refugee camp. It was also revealed that episode three of the series would be a special 70 minute feature length episode, revolving around the enquiry into Scott Ellisson's death.
- For a listing of character appearances in this series, see Character appearances#Series 32.
- Amanda Mealing as Connie Beauchamp
- Jaye Griffiths as Elle Gardner
- William Beck as Dylan Keogh
- George Rainsford as Ethan Hardy
- Crystal Yu as Lily Chao
- Neet Mohan as Rashid Masum (from episode 11)
- Chelsea Halfpenny as Alicia Munroe
- Charles Venn as Jacob Masters
- Derek Thompson as Charlie Fairhead
- Cathy Shipton as Lisa "Duffy" Duffin
- Amanda Henderson as Robyn Miller
- Azuka Oforka as Louise Tyler
- Jason Durr as David Hide
- Michael Stevenson as Iain Dean
- Lloyd Everitt as Jez Andrews (possibly departing in episode 2)
- Charlotte Salt as Sam Nicholls (from episode 5)
- Jamie Davis as Max Walker
- Tony Marshall as Noel Garcia
- Emily Carey as Grace Beauchamp (until episode 1)
- Cian Barry as Cameron Hamilton (episodes 1 & 2)
- Tut Nyuot as Sanosi Jemal (from episode 1)
- Mitch Hewer as Mickey Ellisson (until episode 2)
- Lucy Benjamin as Denise Ellisson (until episode 3 or 4)
- Will Austin as Scott Ellisson
- Ian Bleasdale as Josh Griffiths (from episode 5)
- Sharon Gless as Zsa Zsa Harper-Jenkinson
- Rosie Marcel as Jac Naylor (episodes TBA)
This was the first series of Casualty not to have episode names. It's currently unknown why this choice was made by production. However, the preview clips for each episode continued to be named, so the episode titles listed below are the names of the clips. It's understood that this is the only official name to go with the episode from the BBC.
|Episode||Series||Episode||Centric character||Original airdate|
|1049||1||"Troubled Waters"||Dylan||19 August 2017|
|Dylan, David, Louise and Alicia set off to Calais to offer medical assistance at a refugee camp. There, Alicia takes a shine to British medic Cameron Hamilton, who has been on the scene for a while, helping the camp's women and children. Meanwhile, Dylan forms a bond with two children, Sanosi and Mariam, who have fallen prey to ruthless people-traffickers, and has to make a difficult decision about their future. Back at the hospital, Connie is shocked to learn Sam has resigned and seems to have disappeared - taking Grace with him.|
|1050||2||"Limitless"||Jez||26 August 2017|
|The team of Holby medics continue their efforts to help migrant refugees in need of medical attention on the French coast. However, Dylan is fast becoming frustrated with how little he can offer the camp, and makes a decision he may come to regret. Meanwhile, back in the UK, Jez faces the repercussions of crossing paths with the Ellissons, as an improvised explosive is thrown through the window of his home, placing both Robyn and baby Charlotte in jeopardy.|
|1051||3||TBA||TBA; likely Ethan||2 September 2017|
|The results of the inquest into Scott Ellisson's death are made public.
Note: 70 minutes in length.
|1052||4||TBA||TBA||9 September 2017|
|Connie continues to worry what the future holds, whilst Ethan is still recovering from the previous week's events.|
|1053||5||"Blues and Twos" (production title)||TBA; likely Sam||16 September 2017|
|Note: Return of Sam Nicholls (Charlotte Salt).|
|1054||6||"Addicted to Love" (production title)||TBA||23 September 2017|
|1059||11||TBC||TBA||28 October 2017|
|Note: First appearance of Rashid Masum (Neet Mohan).|
- ↑ Erika was credited in S32 E1, she didn't leave until August 2017, her final episode should air in December 2017
- ↑ Lucy's first episode should air January 2018
- ↑ Casualty Wiki aren't allowed to reveal who this is.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/casualty_wiki/status/892044423701438470
- ↑ https://twitter.com/999Casualty/status/899880799985692673
- ↑ Scott appears as a vision, after he was killed off in the previous series.
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/casualty/news/a834262/casualty-to-air-special-two-part-episode-in-france/
|Previous series:||Next series:|
|Series 31||Series 33|